1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, date of birth, address, your company details, your purchasing activity, and information you give us when you contact our team and when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram). If you are browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information. We may, where we have a lawful basis for doing so, also collect personal data about you from third parties who provide us with additional publicly available information about you.
2. WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you enquire about or purchase products or services from us online, via email or over the phone
- When you sign up for our newsletter and marketing emails
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions
- When you contact our team online or over the phone
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT ARE OUR LEGAL JUSTIFICATIONS FOR DOING SO?
> TO MAKE OUR PRODUCTS & SERVICES AVAILABLE TO YOU
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website, take payment and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments; We may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied our customers are and provide customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with purchases or your requests for services or when you ask us questions on social media); We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services. Alternatively, in some cases, we rely on our legitimate interests as a business (for example, to troubleshoot customer issues). Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
> FOR ADMINISTRATIVE & INTERNAL BUSINESS PURPOSES
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying service usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you (such as language and store location); It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products and services are efficient and of high quality. We also want to make it easy for you to interact with us. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
> FOR SECURITY & LEGAL REASONS
We use your personal data to:
- Ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate;
- Conduct fraud checks or prevent other illegal activity;
- Protect our rights or property (or those of others); and
- Fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations.
In some cases we will use your personal data because it's necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency). In other cases (such as the detection of fraud) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
We use your personal data to personalise your experience with Emporia Brands to:
- Provide you with marketing material via email if you have given us your consent to this;
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
We rely on your consent to send direct email marketing messages to you as a loyal customer of Emporia Brands and the products we distribute based on the consent we acquired from you when you signed up, as amended by you from time to time.
In other cases (for example, measuring the effectiveness of our marketing), we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to communicate with our customers in an engaging and efficient way. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
4. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party other than for credit checks and under legal obligation to prevent crime and comply with laws. We may share your personal data with credit agencies if you are requesting credit. There may be scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement.
If you would like further information please contact us.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public. You also have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the ICO via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113. If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us.
6. CHANGING YOUR PREFERENCES
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us, or simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from us. We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
7. SECURITY & RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
> SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies and measures to keep your data secure and keep these measures under close review. We protect your data by using encryption techniques and we use other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by co-workers who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We also ensure that there are strict physical controls in our buildings which restricts access to your personal data to keep it safe.
> RENTENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA